Want to become a sponsor?
Groundlings Theatre relies wholly on the good gesture of our supporters and local community. We do not receive any formal funding and seek the support of individuals, sponsors and funders to enable us to deliver and further expand our diverse programme that engages and inspires our audiences. As the only producing house in the city, sponsors have the opportunity to truly become a part of Groundlings Theatre’s acclaimed productions. By becoming a part of our community, your donation will allow Groundlings Theatre to continue to enable people of all ages and circumstances the opportunity to experience, learn and get involved in theatre. Through our nationally recognised programme of community engagements, schools’ participation, outreach work and our award- winning Drama School we will continue to encourage our message of: ‘Create, inspire, achieve’.
To get more information about how you can support us please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
An insight into Groundlings Theatre:
- Groundlings Theatre is housed within a Grade II* listed building built in 1784. £250,000 has already been spent on restoration but we still have £50,975 of repairs due classed as urgent and £671,550 of repairs due to complete the restoration.
- 5% of all ticket income goes straight to our ticketing operator.
- £1,300 a year is spent on toilet roll.
- We provide over 100 work placements a year to UK and EU students which is more than any other arts organisation in the area.
- Our Drama School is the best value for money in the area and Judi Dench once sent flowers to the school as good luck for their show.
- Groundlings Theatre costs over £600 per day to run. Our electricity and gas bills are almost ten times the average two-bedroom home.
Groundlings’ Income is made up of a variety of sources:
Ticket Sales 52% | Drama School Fees 7%
Theatre in Education 5% | Wardrobe Hire 2%
Weddings 10% | Hires 5%
Events 10% | Other 9%
SPONSOR A CHAIR | £100
Name a chair or dedicate one to a loved one alongside supporting the theatre with your generous donation.
Includes: Two complimentary tickets to one Groundlings Theatre production; 4 free drinks; inclusion in all programmes and brochures; bespoke theatre tour; free ticket exchange.
PILLAR OF THE COMMUNITY| £500
Mark your support with a pillar in our large downstairs lounge dedicated to your wonderful donation to our theatre.
Includes: Two complimentary tickets to three Groundlings Theatre productions; invitation to any season or event launches; inclusion in all programmes and brochures; bespoke theatre tour; free ticket exchange.
SPONSOR A TABLE | £1,500
Mark your support with a custom made centre piece that is dedicated to your wonderful donation to our theatre.
Includes: 10 free tickets (one table) to all Groundlings Theatre productions’ press nights and invitations to any post show parties with the cast; invitation to any season or event launches; inclusion in all programmes and brochures; opportunities to attend script read-throughs, technical and dress rehearsals; bespoke theatre tour; free ticket exchange.
PAY IT FORWARD
Support someone less fortunate than yourself by giving them the gift of theatre.
Inspired by the international ‘Pay It Forward’ movement, you can set theatre free for disadvantaged people across the city by donating tickets to Groundlings Theatre shows.
Many of us already know and understand the power of the theatre. At Groundlings Theatre, we believe theatre has the power to change peoples’ lives. We want to share this power with those who are yet to discover it.
Our PAY IT FORWARD scheme allows generous benefactors to buy tickets to forthcoming shows produced by Groundlings Theatre that will be donated to various groups around Portsmouth.
To support Pay It Forward please contact Tobias Robinson via firstname.lastname@example.org
CORPORATE PARTNERSHIP | £5,000
Groundlings Theatre is a centre of excellence that unites creativity with drive and ambition. As we seek to expand, our innovative work provides the perfect opportunity for companies looking to develop an exciting, rewarding and multi-faceted cultural partnership. We pride ourselves on developing successful, creative, mutually rewarding partnerships and seek to extend this to create corporate partnerships that are exclusively suited to each company’s needs. Whether you are looking for an unprecedented client experience, engaging ways to fulfil business and CSR objectives, or a dynamic programme of brand exposure and recognition, a partnership with Groundlings will offer opportunities to do just that. Corporate partners will enjoy a special allocation of complimentary seats to all Groundlings productions, pre-show hospitality, brand visibility and the opportunity to develop bespoke events with our casts and creative teams. With our experienced workshop leaders we can provide training and engagement days to further enhance the skills and relationships within our partner organisations. Moreover, corporate support allows us to continue staging our award-winning productions, whilst also increasing the impact and reach of our ambitious education and access programme.
- Allocation of premiere seats for Groundlings’ productions, allowing our partners to entertain both clients and staff throughout the year.
- Access to house seats for senior executives and clients with short term notice.
- Opportunity to reserve an area in our wonderful heritage building pre- or post-show for a more private and intimate hosting to foster client relationships.
- Opportunity to host exclusive post-show discussions with our casts, directors and writers in conjunction with your evenings at Groundlings.
- Opportunity to develop tailored management training projects with us, using the creative and leadership skills of our artistic staff, in areas such as presentation, negotiation, body language, problem solving and people management.
- Acknowledgment in our brochures and other marketing tools.