Want to be a part of Groundlings?
Groundlings Theatre is an award-winning theatre and drama school based within a beautiful Grade II* listed building in Portsmouth affectionately know as ‘Old Benny’. With a large auditorium, Groudlings produces 70% of its yearly programme, allowing its community and numerous volunteers to enjoy quality arts entertainment whether it be Shakespeare or Snow White. Following out aim to inspire and achieve, Groundlings continues to engage both young and old to pursue their talent and creativity and manages to bring together a community.
Volunteers are the heartbeat of Groundlings Theatre
There are so many ways you can be a part of out team and contribute to the journey of our theatre. Our volunteers can benefit from seeing a huge variety of shows, working with a great team in a beautiful theatre and receiving a unique opportunity to gain experience that may enhance career paths, boost confidence, introduce a new hobby and maybe even just some new friends.
We welcome new members on a regular basis and any contribution, no matter how small, will be gratefully received.
Departments you can get involved with include:
- Wardrobe: Working with over 11 000 costumes from various periods in history, your key duty would be to help coordinate character costumes for our productions.
- Technical: Working with our stage manager to develop the stage lighting, sound and set for each of our productions .
- Front of House: Working with out operations team you will have the opportunity to usher our various shows or help out with the general maintenance of the building.
- Marketing: Help boost the presence of the theatre and it’s events by helping to create press releases, leaflets and other marketing content.
- Finance: Support the finance operations of a large organisation.
- Events Management: Assists with coording events such as weddings, theatre tours, cabet functions, ghost hunts, parties, murder mysteries and other private functions.
To get involved simply get in touch with us!
Feel free to pop into our box office for a chat or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 02392 737370